Living in an era of hustling and bustling, we often find ways can simplify our tasks. Often in a rush, we find it difficult enough to manage our chores in our daily lives. One such chore is cleaning the essentials that we use daily. Cars being one of such essentials also look for maintenance.
In such cases, it becomes very important to use products like car shampoo and car wax for grooming the car. But if not used in the correct way, this can bring down the luster of the car. So to make your car shine, we in our blog will be sharing some tips to keep in mind while shampooing and waxing the car. In this blog, we will be covering ways to avoid common mistakes to get the brightest finish.
Basics of Car Wash Shampoo
To make your car shine out depends on how you wash your car. Relatively, a good car wash all starts with using a good car wash shampoo. A good car wash shampoo cam gently casts away all the dust and grime making it an effective product to use for cleaning. Below are the washing tips for using a car wash shampoo to clean the car:
How to wash a car?
- Two-bucket technique: The first step while washing the car is to go with two bucket techniques. In this technique, one bucket must contain clean water and another must have the car shampoo formula.
- Rinse the car: Before applying the shampoo, follow the steps to rinse the car. This is because directly rubbing the shampoo on the car without removing the debris at the outer layer increases the chance of scratching. So it’s best to rinse away all the dirt as much as possible.
- Applying shampoo: After rinsing the car through, gently apply the shampoo. Spread it gently on the car with the cloth. Keep the amount to use in mind as using shampoo in large portions can lead to the fading of the car’s shine.
- Using buckets simultaneously: The two-buckets theory works best if both buckets are being used simultaneously. Make sure to wash the part as soon as the shampoo is being used. This is done to avoid the marks that stay by applying shampoo if not rinsed quickly.
- Wiping the car: The last step to follow is to rinse all the dirt away using a clean microfiber cloth. This is because such clothes can wipe away the wetness with one swipe. Make sure not to wear dirty clothes as it can leave the mark of dirt on the car.
Easy Tips while using a car wash shampoo
Just a quick wash of a car is not enough for it to gleam. Several other points need to be considered while using car wash shampoo. Here are a few of the tips to keep in mind:
- Never wash a car under direct sunlight. This is to ensure that the shampoo is not being dried up leaving the spots behind.
- Consider wearing gloves while washing the car so that chemicals and toxins in it don’t harm your hands.
- Strictly adhere to the dilution guidelines as prescribed by the manufacturer. Using too little or too much shampoo can affect the shine of the car directly.
- While scrubbing or rubbing the car with shampoo, make sure to put moderate pressure to avoid scratching.
- After washing the car, make sure to apply a layer of car wax or car polish. This acts as an extra layer of protection.
Basics of Car Wax
As already discussed in “What is the Difference Between Car Wax and Car Polish”, waxing is a process where a coating works as a shield to safeguard the car from external factors like harsh weather or dusting. It works as an additional layer of protection. Below is a step-by-step process to apply wax:
How to apply wax to the car?
- Rinse Thoroughly: The first and foremost step is to clean the car by removing all the dirt and grime on it. This needs to be done to ensure better results.
- Choose the right wax: Before applying wax directly to the car, the quality of car wax needs to be considered. Choose wax which proportion is suitable for the car frame and comes with no side effects. Also, there are various types of wax in the market making it necessary to know which works for your car.
- Applying wax: Here is where the real process starts. Apply wax ensuring an even coating of it. Apply it in a circular motion and in small portions to check its effect on the car. Apply pressure as needed so that an even distribution goes among the overall car frame.
- Buffing: As soon as the car wax dries up, take a microfiber cloth and gently clean the area. This should be done to give the final touch to the waxing.
Tips to keep in mind while car waxing
- Try avoiding applying the wax in non-painted areas like tires.
- Avoid waxing on wet surfaces. This is because moisture and wax don’t go hand in hand.
- Applying wax under bright sunlight is not a bright idea! This is because it makes wax dry easily and it makes buffing difficult.
- To achieve the best shine, car wax must be applied evenly and not thickly as it is wasteful.
- After applying wax, allow it to dry, for not more than 20-30 minutes.
At Maxil, we are a haven of the best car care products. Driven by an innovative approach, we have products that best align with requirements of a car which are easy to use. Being loyal to our customers, we serve you with the best on the plate without compromising with the quality.