Congratulations; you finally got the dream car you wish to. It all started with gazing at that gleaming car once and now all you wish is to get the same polished car. But buying a car comes with a million dollar question; how long does car polish last or what should be the frequency to recoat it? A car is not a mere source of transportation, it is a testament to style and personality. And to preserve that temperament, in this blog we will explore the art of revival by knowing the right way of car polishing and the best practices one can adopt to adorn the car. Be it car glass polish or be it ceramic glass polish, with this informative blog, we aim to guide you through the journey of reflection and gloss.
What is Car Polishing?
Car Polishing, certainly the most misunderstood term in the world of car care, is the reason behind the shimmering and glossy finish of the car.
It is a process through which any kind of scratches, dust splatter, or bird droppings are concealed. This is done by polishing the car with certain chemicals which flatten the exterior of most panels of the car which gives it a shiny look.
Now you must be wondering what makes this the term of confusion? Well, the terminology of car shine polish is often confused with waxing. Let’s have a sneak peek at untangling the tangled.
Waxing v/s Polishing
Waxing is a process where a coating of it works as a shield to safeguard the car from external factors like harsh weather or dusting. It works as a layer of protection. On the other hand, polishing is about enhancing the appearance of the car by coating a shiny layer that kicks out imperfections like oxidation, scratches, dirt, or marks. Usually, car body polish does mean to tarnish the above layer to make it look more lustrous.
How often should you polish your car?
So this must be the obvious question to swirl in your mind. Who doesn’t seek the car dashboard polish to make the car sparkle more than a star? But hey, life is a rough road to travel. That is to say, the answer to this question is a task in itself.
The foremost and obvious rule of thumb is to go with polishing the car once every four months. However, the frequency of car polishing goes hand in hand with the frequency of cars used.
- If you are the one whose days don’t pass without long drives, polishing the car after every two months can prove to be a better option.
- If your car is the one enjoying shelter, then going with polishing it after every six months will be fair.
Another fact to consider is striking a perfect balance between keeping the car polished and preventing excessive abrasion. Also, what car one owns also affects the frequency of car body polish. A car enduring the harshness of weather with ease might ask for a little less of a coating of car polish liquid.
How long does Car Polish last?
The longevity of car polish depends on several factors. To state a few, the frequency of the car being used, exposure to several conditions, or maintenance. Generally, it is the quality of car polish liquid that speaks for itself. Products like waxpol car polish and ceramic car polish are considered to maintain durability. While some polish in other forms like cream, semi-solid, or spray also carry their benefits. We have sprays, creams, liquids and every other form-just name it!
In this detailed guide, let’s delve deeper to know what contributes to the longevity of the car polish that influences the part of knowing how long the car polish last:
- Driving habit: This says a lot about how long polish can probably last. The more you drive, the more frequently you need to polish.
- Polishing Techniques: Even the techniques one uses to polish the car influences a lot. For instance, polishing manually lasts a little longer than machine polishing which even comes with a great finish. The kind of car polishing machine
- External Elements: External factors directly determine the rejuvenation of the car polish. The more the car is under direct exposure to sun or harsh weather conditions, the higher the chances of it getting dull. Even cars parked outdoors for a longer time degrade more easily than ones parked under a shelter.
Tips to have a prolonged car polish
Last but not least, this meticulous guide doesn’t stop itself without toppling up with tips and strategies for an efficacious car body polish.
- Opting for a Right Polish Compound: Choose a car polish cream that goes well with the car’s needs varying on the amount of imperfections and scratches it has.
- Using Polishing Pads: While Polishing a car, it’s advisable to use car polishing pads as it avoids further damage to the car during paintwork. It even reduces the effort and time of the person by quickly distributing an even layer with its usage.
- Use a polishing machine: Opting for a car polishing machine can reduce the work and effort that need to be put in. Make sure, while using the machine, you don’t end up overheating it which can further damage the product.
- Test in a small area: Polishing the car is an investment in itself. And to bear fruitful results, one must try using the new polish at a small patch in an unobstructed area.
- Cleansing thoroughly: Before painting the car, be assured that every part is clean including the inconspicuous part like the tire. It can be cleaned using car tire polish to keep it away from dirt and sludge.
On a final note
If life is a rough road to travel, at least your car should be smooth with its gleam. Polishing a car is not just a matter of shine but a testament to the time invested. With this engaged blog, we aim to underscore the pool of questions that every car enthusiast has. Car care is not an option but a priority. Equipping with the right tools and the best car polish, one can work wonders with the car exterior polish. Remember, the focus should be diverted even to the car’s interior. Car glass polish and car tyre polish can be an extra dashing step to make your car glow with shimmering. So, go the extra mile and blow out the shine with the art of revival.